Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blog Swap with C.R.A.F.T!

I am so thrilled to be blog swapping with Jamie form C.R.A.F.T. today.  She has fantastic ideas that don't cost a lot of money. I hope you will show some love to her by checking out her blog. With out further ado here is Jamie!

Hi everyone! I'm Jamie @ 
[C.R.A.F.T. stands for: creating really awesome free things ]

I am so excited to be blog swapping today with Night Owl Crafting! Leslie has some awesome tutorials...I really enjoy her blog!

C.R.A.F.T. hosts a little party every Monday called:

Photobucket

I would love for you to help make Monday's Marvelous :)

Today I am going to share some tips with you about making recycled books, basically a scrapbook out of a plain old book [great for gifts or your coffee table!]

Tips for making recycled scrapbooks...
if you like recycled books, be sure to check out more tips here

1. Out dated atlases are good books to use...you can use the maps to your advantage!
2.  I covered this page in Chinese newspaper (This book is about our time in China)
3. I often use Picassa to edit picture, one useful feature is the collage button--you can throw a bunch of pictures in a folder and collage the entire folder.  Then print the one collaged picture, and cut out the little guys. I'm sure there are many other ways to make mini pictures...

4. Scrapbook stuff is expensive, so I cut a lot of stuff out by hand...the plane, watermelons,  leaves and branches, letters
5. The bottom page is the last page in the book, it is of (what else...!) lots of mini pictures

6. I use scrapbook tape to tape on pictures and little things, and mod podge for the big stuff.

7. It is hard to tell in the pictures, but you can also add fun foldables or flaps, or mini books within your recycled book. ("The Job Site" is a flap that opens up, and has 2 secret pictures) Just fold a piece of card stock in half and only glue down one side...


Come check out more fun stuff @ C.R.A.F.T.
Happy Crafting :)



0 crafty hoots said...:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate when readers leave comments! I read each one of them and I get all excited to see HOOOO is taking interest in my post! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a few words it makes my day!