Wednesday, March 24, 2010

CUPCAKE BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!

I had my little girl's 1st birthday party last weekend and the theme was CUPCAKES!!! I had so much fun finding and making decorations for her party! BEWARE there are a lot of photos coming up!








I found invitations at Target in the dollar bins along with ribbon to match! I added ribbon to the invitations and a jewel on top of the cupcake. In the inside I printed out the invite and left room to add a birthday hat with a #1 sticker on it! I wanted to make my own, but my daughter's birthday came up on me way too fast!



                                                       Here is a picture of the party table!



I made this cupcake birthday banner with the cricut expression! I used the celebrations cartridge, paper, string, and ribbon! It turned out so cute!

I also made a cupcake banner to go around her high chair. It said, "I am 1".
I talked my sister into making her cake. It was a giant cupcake. I borrowed the cake pan from a friend, but I did see them at Wal Mart for $18.  The cute little cake stand that it is sitting on was $7 at TJ Max. Also the table cloth underneath it was fabric that I picked up and hemmed around the edges from Joann's(actually my craftaholic partner in crime hemmed it for me do to the lack of time I had left).

 This cupcake stand was inspired by imperfectly beautiful.Go here to see how cute their monogrammed cupcake stand turned out! Oh how I ric rac, stripes, and polka dots! Oh and the adorable cupcake on top was another steel from TJ Maxx for $6. 

Don't look at my actual cupcakes! I was running out of time and they didn't get decorate how I wanted, but this picture is to show that I made my own cupcake picks with the cricut.



I thought it would be cute to have some glass containers full of candy! I also thought that you can't go wrong with colored marshmellows! After the kids received their goody bags, then I filled them up with candy and marshmellows to take home!


Another find from TJ Maxx was this cupcake candle! It actually had sprinkles inside the wax and smelt like yummy cupcakes

While looking for ideas on line for decorations I came across some cute crochet cupcakes. I knew that there way I could make them, so I called up my SIL Ang and asked if she could make some. She was able to find a pattern and make these cute little cupcakes!  Also the little picture holders have cupcakes all around the bottom. You can't see them, but I found them at Joann's.

This was the pillowcase dress that I made for her to wear. Sorry this is the best picture I could find of it. Taking pictures of a one year old isn't always the easiest thing to do.  I also asked another friend to make her corker bows to match the dress.  My little girl was such a cute "CUPCAKE"!




 A party wouldn't be compete without a goody bag! The goody bag included cupcake pencils, sunglasses, candy necklaces, and plastic cupcakes filled with candy (Wal Mart in the easter section).  The tag on the goody bags was made from the cricut and said, "Thanks for making Jaylee's party so SWEET!".


I made these cupcakes out of baby wash clothes! I didn't have time to make a wrapper for them, so I used the base from the left over goody bags.  I took the cupcake base and put the wash clothes in them, tied ribbon around them and added a cherry on top!  Click here to see the instructions!



Something that I forgot to take a picture of was a cupcake material valance that I made to go above my kitchen  window! I had a little left over from the dress, so I took it and made a curtain. I had so much fun planning and making this cupcake themed party! Thanks for checking it out!


16 comments:

  1. So cute! Love it. I saw some ceramic cupcakes at Tai Pan on Monday that made me think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found you via your comment at 30Days...

    I'm loving this full-circle cupcake-themed birthday party. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything turned out so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun birthday party!! I love the birthday banner, and the cupcake dress is A.DORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great party! I love everything but especially your banner. You are making me really want a Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her little dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Everything was so cute! I especially loved the banner. I'd love to see what you do for her second birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! You really put it all together so well. I LOVE everything cupcake!! I make cupcakes out of just about anything.
    Thanks for sharing.

    mmtncrfts.blogspot.com
    mmtncrfts.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm visiting via Friday Follow..and so enjoyed the sweet cupcake party. Happy Birthday to a gorgeous little sweetie. She is just beautiful. I think you did really well with the cupcake themed party..
    I love the owls on you blog..they'so sweet. I've really enjoyed my visit and have become a follower. I hope you visit and like my blog.. Have a wonderful weekend.
    p.s. I'm also having an apron giveway.. you will be entered with a comment..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! I'll be linking it;o)

    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Thanks again for linking up.
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Very impressive! Looks like a beautiful party. :)

    Following from Friday Follow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your party turned out so fantastic! Your little girl is so precious in her cupcake dress. I'm so excited that you commented on my blog so I could find yours! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi I'm Barb..Found you at FF. Great party ideas! A woman after my own heart!!I'm now a follower of yours.. I hope you will go to santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & find some ideas that might inspire you & your family/Home. I hope you will follow me too. I just finished 4 Kitchen Chairs for $1.25 ea. with black & white polka dots fabric..then 4 stools..a hutch..a table runner..& napkin holder..I couldn't stop! Ha! Ha! Anyway I have aprons, bows, vinyl lettering, one-painting, jewelry & Lots of recipes..so leave me a comment if you would & tell me what you think..Have a great day! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always lovin' cupcake themes! How precious!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate when readers leave comments! I read each one of them and I get all excited to see HOOOO is taking interest in my post! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a few words it makes my day!